Due to the current state of emergency our phone services are unavailable though we are still assisting students online through email. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Information for Students Writing at an On-site Athabasca University Location
(Calgary, Edmonton or Athabasca)
Assignments and examinations are the basic means of evaluating your knowledge and understanding of course content. When you are ready to write your examination, decide which location you will be writing at.
- If you are writing at AU Calgary you will need to complete and submit the online Examination Request Form
- If you are writing at AU Edmonton you will need to complete and submit the online Examination Request Form
- If you are writing at our AU Athabasca location please call 1.800.788.9041 ext 6579 to request and schedule your exam.
- AU Locations - addresses and maps
- AU is committed to providing a scent-free environment (which includes all exam writing rooms). Please refrain from using scented products.
Regardless of which location you are writing at here are some important things to note:
- Examinations must be written within your contract period.
- You must book an examination at least 10 days in advance of the date you want to write the examination.
- Only materials listed on the examination instructions are permitted in the exam room. Cell phones, pagers, purses, knapsacks, laptops, outside scrap paper, food, and beverages are examples of items NOT permitted in the exam writing rooms. Scrap paper will be provided upon request.
- Bring a lock to secure your personal belongings in a locker during the writing of your examination.
- Government-issued photo ID (ie. Passport, driver's license) is mandatory!
- Students writing an online exam should access AU's online exam resources before they write.
- When booking an examination for the last week of the month, please book well in advance - we are suggesting a month in advance - as seats are reserved on a first request basis and available spaces fill up quickly.
- Students writing in Calgary or Edmonton will receive an email confirmation with your write date and time for your exam request.
- Students in Calgary and Edmonton are encouraged to use transit/LRT when writing exams as downtown parking is very limited.
- Students writing in Athabasca will receive confirmation by phone when you request your exam and subsequently by e-letter.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes earlier than your scheduled examination write time. This will allow you time to:
- use the washroom.
- finish your coffee/water/other beverage (as no food or beverages of any nature are permitted in the exam writing rooms)
- secure belongings, handbags, cellphones, etc. in a locker.
- Latecomers can be extremely disruptive to students writing their examinations. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled examination you will be required to rebook your exam for another date/time. For students writing at our on-site locations in Athabasca, Edmonton, and Calgary, a rebooking fee will apply.
- Please visit the following web page for important information for mothers who are nursing
Good luck on your exam!
Virtual Invigilator with ProctorU
The university has entered into an agreement with ProctorU to allow you the opportunity to write your online exams from the comfort and convenience of any suitable location with internet access while an invigilator supervises you remotely through the use of a webcam and a high speed internet connection. This will allow you to write your exam at any time and at any location that has suitable internet bandwidth.